Message from Gary Hooser, President of HAPA's Board of Directors:
This month represents H.A.P.A.'s 1-year anniversary! It’s hard to believe that a whole year has gone by since we filed our non-profit incorporation papers last year, but then I look back on all that H.A.P.A. has accomplished in that time, including:
- Sponsored two 30-second ads on voter registration and pesticide awareness, and aired both on statewide television.
- Hosted educational events on all islands (lookout for more events in June)!
Supported public actions to raise awareness and garner media attention to the pesticides/GMO issue. Activists hold banners at the State Capitol on Opening Day 2015
Assisted neighbor-island residents in attending important legislative events on Oʻahu.
- Created H.A.P.A.‘s website, launched our blog, maintained daily social media presence, and generated numerous news items and opinion pieces.
- Participated in the statewide coalition that helped defeat the nomination of developer lobbyist Carleton Ching as head of DLNR.
- Formed a strong and diverse statewide Board of Directors :
. . . and much more.
None of this would have been possible without the generous financial support of hundreds of individuals across Hawaiʻi. Mahalo from the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of H.A.P.A.’s entire Board.
But we have much more important work to do and exciting plans for the year. Please join us today in solidarity and support during our once-yearly "Annual Giving” fundraiser.
Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Gifts received prior to April 30th are especially important and will be used for potential "game-changer" projects H.A.P.A. is preparing to launch.
It’s easy to contribute online at www.HAPAhi.org or mail a check to
PO Box 1534
Kapaʻa, HI 96746
Your donation will allow H.A.P.A. to continue to build a strong grassroots movement across Hawaiʻi. Mahalo, and IMUA!
President, Hawaiʻi Alliance for Progressive Action