Hawaiʻi Alliance for Progressive Action (H.A.P.A.)
Full-Time Development & Operations Manager
The non-profit Hawaiʻi Alliance for Progressive Action (H.A.P.A.) is hiring a full-time Development & Operations Manager. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development & Operations Manager will execute H.A.P.A.’s fundraising plan, provide office administrative support, and some program support. This is a great opportunity for someone with proven experience who wants to work in a dynamic and fast-growing young organization.
H.A.P.A. is a Kauaʻi-based Hawaiʻi-wide organization whose mission is to catalyze community empowerment and systemic change towards valuing ʻaina (environment) and people ahead of corporate profit.
The position is ideally located on Kauaʻi, but strong candidates based in Hawaiʻi will also be considered. The position will involve coordinating with staff and project partners across the islands.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to implement H.A.P.A.’s annual fundraising plan
- Identify and help steward relationships with individual donors
- Manage grants research, submissions, tracking and reporting
- Oversee processing of individual donations, donor database management and timely acknowledgement
- Work with ED and Board President to implement email and direct mail campaigns
- Work with ED and Board to implement special events
- Work with ED to prepare quarterly development reports for Board of Directors
- Oversee management of mailing list and contacts
- Assist ED and Board with inter-island Board Meeting logistics
- Assist the ED with various office administrative tasks
- Support staff with major programs and events on an as needed basis
- Update website on an as needed basis
- A demonstrated passion for H.A.P.A.’s mission
- Prior experience with development and non-profit administration (3+ years)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial & communication skills
- Self-managing, ability to work productively without constant oversight
- Able to travel as needed. Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Knowledge of Hawaiʻi grassroots movements and state or county politics
- Proficient with Word processing and Spreadsheet applications
- Comfort with or ability to quickly learn fundraising database (little green light), Mailchimp contact management system, and mail merges
- Availability to attend some events on evenings and weekends if needed
- Must own or have access to laptop and internet for work and the ability to work remotely
- BA (required), MA (preferred)
Start Date: July 1st, 2017
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Location: Kauaʻi (preferred) or within Hawai‘i
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and why you want to be involved with HAPA to anne@HAPAhi.org.